It’s not easy being a marketer in the digital age. With so many data “opportunities” it’s difficult to find the line between helping you provide value to consumers and becoming manipulative and creepy.
As a marketer you want to be persuasive and find ways for both the customer and the brand to be happy. That means helping consumers connect better to the real values of the brand you are promoting or selling. Here are some good stats to make you feel better about doing that:
- 80% of mobile internet users would prefer ads relevant to them locally. (Source: JiWire )
- Personalized emails improve click-through rates by 14%, and conversion rates by 10%.
(Source: Aberdeen )
- 62% of adults under 34 are willing to share their location to get more relevant content. (Source: JiWire )
- 53% of retailers plan to focus on web personalization engines in 2012. (Source: National Retail Federation )
- 59% of U.S. marketing companies collect mobile contact information. (Source: Experian)